LiveMedia Server is a versatile solution for recording and broadcasting video clips. Especially suitable for live requirements, it offers operators great flexibility to import and readjust clips at the last moment, instantly record and replay files, natively support and mix a great number of codecs, formats and resolutions.
Compact to integrate, easy to use
LiveMedia Server is a compact 1U rack device with a depth of just 42 cm. It offers 2 channels configurable as recorder or player as desired: i.e. 2 broadcast channels, 2 recording channels or 1 recording channel and 1 playout channel simultaneously. LiveMedia Server has 2 SDI SD/HD inputs and outputs with embedded audio. The modular user interface is displayed on a standard monitor and is operated by keyboard, mouse and an included Jog-Shuttle controller.
Total multi-codec environment
LiveMedia Server supports the recording and playing of most codecs and formats, without prior transcoding: DNxHD, H264, ProRes, MPEG1/2/4, XDCAM, QuickTime, MXF, WMV… All types of files can be mixed in the same broadcasting list, LiveMedia Server automatically manages the SD/HD conversions, the aspect ratio changes and field inversions.
The clip broadcasting lists are editable in real time by simply dragging and dropping and by monitoring the folder: new clips saved in a folder are automatically detected to be added to the playlist, even during broadcasting. They support the following play modes: sequential, clip by clip and loop.
Playout during recording
A clip being recorded on a channel can be dragged in real time into the play channel enabling simultaneous broadcasting with slow-motion play.
LiveMedia Server can command one BlackMagic router and one TriCaster production system over IP to trigger a switching onto playout. On the other hand, LiveMedia Server can be controlled by GPI, VDCP protocols and Sony RS‑422.
Two graphic layers per channel
In addition to the 2 video channels, LMS allows you to open 2 Player's complete interface to view and edit clips on the local monitor. These additional channels can be used to prepare clips before inserting them into other channel's playlist or to prepare playlists while video channels are used to play or record.
- Supported files formats: GIF, TGA, PNG, JPG and image sequences
- Video inputs 2x SD/HD-SDI, 1x Genlock input
- Video outputs 2x SD/HD-SDI
- Audio inputs 2x SDI Embedded – 16 channels
- Audio outputs 2x SDI Embedded – 16 channels
- Display output 1x DVI
- Storage capacity 2x 2TB HDD
- Matrix and switcher control by IP protocol : Black Magic® Atem, TriCaster
- Supported codecs MPEG1/2/4, Cuda H264, Quicksync H264, Apple ProRes, DNxHD, DV/DVCPRO-HD, FLV/Sorenson, HuffYUV, MJPEG, WMV, JPEG2000, Theora, Lossless JPEG, Quicktime Animation
- Supported format MPEG PS, MPEG TS, MP4, MOV, XDCAM, MXF, MXF D-10, GXF, DV, FLV, DVD Video, ASF, iPod MP4, AVI, MKV, WebM, MP3, AC3, AAC, WAV Time code rp188-vitc, rp188-vitc2, rp188-ltc, vitc,vitc-2
- 1U 19'' rack, i7 processor, 16GB ram, Power 150 Watt